Instruction Card

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:34:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 01:05, Karlie Robinson
<karlie_robinson at webpath.net> wrote:
> Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>
>> 2) Can you repeat step 3 to check on the status? I dont know if you
>> understand that by reading 4 (asked another way, ow do I know it is ready?)
>
> I think the important thing to remember is that this is a quick start guide.
> We only have the back side of a 4 x 6 inch page to get people going with
> this.
>
> The XO gives instructions as your going through the steps too and there's a
> clock that ticks down until your key is ready.
>
> Though I did change point 4 to read -
>
> 4. Your Key will be ready in about 24 hours. At that time, open the browse
> activity and click "get a developer key" again.
>
> In theory someone could go through the process a hundred times, but until
> the Key is ready, nothing will happen.
>
> Though what I think would be really helpful is a single relatively short URL
> as a jumping off point for these Fedora on XO users. Any feedback on that?

A quick note that the first batch of G1G1 laptops have an older
release of software on them, with a different screen layout:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-November/021258.html

This was because Amazon started stocking up before the current release
was ready.

Regards
Morgan