Adding new Activities via RPM

If you add a new activity via a yum update, you have to restart sugar for it to appear on the desktop (or, to appear on the list so you can put it on the desktop). Combine that with the fact there is no logout for Sugar, you are left with either a restart (reboot) or Ctrl-alt-backspace.

I understand you can download .xo files from a website. Are these automatically added to the desktop? If so, is there some code or script which we can put in an rpm %post section to make them appear?

-- bk