Re: Can not launch sugar in rawhide

Simon Schampijer wrote:
Chris Ball wrote:
Hi Bryan,

   > I am attempting to test sugar in a vm using the steps below. I get
   > to the initial login, and select the sugar desktop. It accepts
   > username/password and begins to log me in. It them flashes once,
   > and takes me back to the login. Any ideas where I should look for
   > errors?

You might try "sugar-emulator" inside a GNOME session, and also look
at ~/.xsession-errors*.  If Sugar was actually starting, you'd have
something in ~/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log, but it sounds like
you're being kicked back to GDM before that.

- Chris.

Hi,

I am sure you see http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=70446

The fixed rpm is built but did not get accepted for the golden images.

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/1101

Best,
   Simon

I get this in my .xsession-errors file. Is that related?

-- bk

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/sugar-shell", line 30, in <module>
    from main import main
  File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/main.py", line 32, in <module>
    import view.Shell
  File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/Shell.py", line 38, in <module>
    from view.frame import frame
  File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/frame/frame.py", line 29, in <module>
    from view.frame.activitiestray import ActivitiesTray
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/frame/activitiestray.py", line 33, in <module>
    from model import shellmodel
  File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/shellmodel.py", line 24, in <module>
    from model.devices.devicesmodel import DevicesModel
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/devices/devicesmodel.py", line 25, in <module>
    from model import network
  File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/network.py", line 23, in <module>
    from sugar import dispatch