Sugar in RHEL

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Oct 15 15:01:31 UTC 2008

Background -
I started a conversation on k12osn about getting sugar on LTSP a few months ago.  The consensus on the list was that we;
 Package Sugar for Fedora-done,
 Start Sugar as a standard x-session-done,
 Work on shrinking the memory requirements-good progress.
At that point, they indicated that they would be willing to take another look at Sugar.
Now that the Fedora OLPC team has met the orginal three critria, I have started another thread about what areas we should target next.

The requirement that Sugar be on REHL was not an answer to a specific question.  It was based on a general  LTPS  Fedora into RHEL? Is there a backports repository?  Or do we wait until  > the new release? > > I ask because the k12OSN developers are reluctant to start working on  > Sugar until it is available as official RHEL package.  An "official" RHEL package?  I think that's unlikely for quite a while.  Would they be satisfied with seeing it in EPEL, which is the Extras  repository for Enterprise Linux?  Because getting the packages into EPEL  would be much simpler.  What's their motivation?  Maybe there's a contact I could talk with?  Is  this Eric Harrison et al?  --g