OLPC beat complete

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Oct 26 17:47:13 UTC 2008

Pascal Very nice article!For the community news section is would be helpful to focus on how the Fedora community is affecting changes at OLPC and SL.For example, much of the liveCD and liveUSB work was done by the fedora community.  The efforts to shrink the memory requirement for the Fedora based liveCD lead directly to the Linux Terminal Server Project taking a look at Sugar.While the work of the Fedora community and Red Hat employees is often behind the scenes.  They are providing a crucial part of the Sugar development which makes OLPC and SL possible.  Thanksdavid
On  10/26/2008, 10:59, Pascal Calarco (pcalarco at nd.edu) wrote:Hi fedora-news and fedora-olpc folk --  The OLPC beat for FWN is complete[1] for FWN 149.  I struggled with how  much detail to put into this from the OLPC-Community weekly that Jim  Gettys sends out, an opted to be verbose, not really knowing where to  stop :)  I'd appreciate feedback on whether I should simply reference  the OLPC-Community weekly news and pull out announcements only, or  whether it is actually useful to highlight the software work going on at  OLPC.  Thanks!    - pascal  [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/OLPC   _______________________________________________ Fedora-olpc-list mailing list Fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-olpc-list