SanDisk Extreme III Test Cards

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Sat Oct 11 15:13:51 UTC 2008

Good morning everyone.

I have been working with SanDisk and Arrow Electronics to source the SD
Cards you've spec'd for the Fedora on OLPC project.

If anyone would like to test on the OEM version[1] of the cards, I can
mail them to you at cost.  So $30US.  I'll pay the postage.

~Karlie

[1] - Why is OEM important?  When any sort of flash memory is produced
there are minute differences with the internal structure.  For this
project we'll need to use an OEM part which ensures that we have the
same card structure with every SD we send through the duplicator.
Retail packaged cards do not have a consistent internal structure which
can cause quality issues with a duplication run.

It's not that retail is inferior quality, but for day to day use (in a
camera, phone or other application) write tolerances don't need to be as
precise.