Re: [IAEP] [sugar] sugar spin and liveusb-creator

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 03:55:12PM -0400, Caroline Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti gmail com>wrote:

> >> run
> >>
> >> Please give this one a shot.
> >>

> >> https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/liveusb-creator/liveusb-creator-3.0.zip
> >>
> >> If that works for you, I'll kick out an official 3.0 release.
> >>

> > It works great... thanks!!!
> >
> > Marco
> >

> I was able to get this to run. However, I was also able to download it in a
> way that did not let it run. Probably created some sort of path issue.
>
> Here is how I failed.
>
> Choose Open With Extractor rather then Download file.
> When I extract the files I picked a new location (My Documents).
>
> To succeed I downloaded it to the desktop then extracted it to the desktop.

Yeah, when you selected Open With Extractor it must have only extracted
the exe file, and not the DLLs and other tools (7Zip, dd, syslinux).

This happens to a lot of people, and I'm not sure of any way to avoid
it.  Sadly, we have to ship the M$ C & C++ runtimes to ensure that the
tool runs on a freshly installed box.  The problem with Sebastian's
build was that he did not manually add the C++ runtime DLL :(
I've made a note of this in the liveusb-creator Developers Guide, and
also a note on the front page about having to extract the entire zip
before running.

Cheers,

luke