Sugar in RHEL

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 14:02:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, David Farning wrote:

> What will be the process for migrating the new Sugar packages from
> Fedora into RHEL? Is there a backports repository?  Or do we wait until
> the new release?
>
> I ask because the k12OSN developers are reluctant to start working on
> Sugar until it is available as official RHEL package.

An "official" RHEL package?  I think that's unlikely for quite a while.
Would they be satisfied with seeing it in EPEL, which is the Extras
repository for Enterprise Linux?  Because getting the packages into EPEL
would be much simpler.

What's their motivation?  Maybe there's a contact I could talk with?  Is
this Eric Harrison et al?

--g