Re: Sugar in RHEL

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, David Farning wrote:

What will be the process for migrating the new Sugar packages from Fedora into RHEL? Is there a backports repository? Or do we wait until the new release?

I ask because the k12OSN developers are reluctant to start working on Sugar until it is available as official RHEL package.

An "official" RHEL package? I think that's unlikely for quite a while. Would they be satisfied with seeing it in EPEL, which is the Extras repository for Enterprise Linux? Because getting the packages into EPEL would be much simpler.

What's their motivation? Maybe there's a contact I could talk with? Is this Eric Harrison et al?

--g