Problem while building packages

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Oct 17 08:20:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 00:22 +0200, Fabian Affolter wrote:
>>>
>>> Today I started with packaging some of the XO activities for Fedora 9.
>>> Unfortunately I not able to build any packages because I'm running in a
>>> python trackback.
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "./setup.py", line 21, in <module>
>>>    bundlebuilder.start()
>>> TypeError: start() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)
>>>
>>> Even if I try the sugar-log.spec from Simpon Schampijer I recieve this
>>> error message.  Missing dependencies?  Wrong parameter?  Wrong setup of
>>> my machine?
>>
>> Which version of the sugar stack?  bundlebuilder.start() used to take an
>> argument but no longer does with current Sugar
>>
>> Jeremy
>
> I saw this building the binary on an F9 machine. Now, I build the source
> tarball on F9 and use koji to build the binary.

As Jeremy said, you seem to have either too recent activities or a too
old sugar stack. This commit adapted the Browse activity to the new
API, and broke it with the older:

http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=web-activity;a=commitdiff;h=9afbf7e567ff602f0137f2d369f16afc79b154d8#patch2

So I guess that if F9 cannot update to a newer Sugar, then older
activities should be used.

HTH,

Tomeu