Re: Fedora XO Camera Test - meeting recap

Brian Powell wrote:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney redhat com> wrote:
Brian Powell wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney redhat com>
wrote:
Peter Robinson wrote:
           3. Ekiga
I tried to hook up Ekiga to the Fedora Asterisk server with no luck.
Has
anoyone done this on or off the XO?
Fedora Talk only supports audio. You're going to need to try a direct
ekiga-to-ekiga connection.
I was planning on testing this between my XO and eeePC when my XO
finally arrives.
If you have it running now, lemme know (I am on #fedora-olpc) and we can
try
it out with that you have.

-- bk

I was able to get ekiga connected to the fedoratalk server without any
problems, however when I tested calling in to my extension from a land
line, as soon as I try to pick up to incoming call, ekiga closes down.
I need to test this further tonight before determining if a bug report
is needed.
What did you do for the ekiga settings? Also.. did you have to do anything
fancy with the firewall?

-- bk

In the Ekiga settings I have the following: (sip account)

Name: whatever you  want to name the account
Registrar : fedoraproject.org
User : fas account login name
Authentication User : fas account login name
Password : VOIP password set up under FAS VOIP settings
Timeout : left at default 3600

I didnt touch the firewall rules, SNAP3 is wide open anyways.

I still have iptables running, but I continue to get registration failed. I set my password up yesterday so it should have synced. I can not get to it or ekiga. I will have to try at home tonite to see if it is my local network.

-- bk