Fedora/OLPC meeting summary: Friday, August 29th

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 19:26:44 UTC 2008

A summary of what's been going on in the world of Fedora and OLPC.  :)

1. Fedora on OLPC.  The goal: to get a version of Fedora booting on OLPC
hardware.  Looks like we've got a version booting, and now we're looking
to clean it up a bit before we make it more generally available.  Issues
and owners:

a. Using localized spins to cut down on space.  (sdziallas)

b. Troubleshooting performance issues -- running from USB is painfully
slow.  (katzj)

2. Sugar in Fedora.  The goal: to get Sugar packaged as a top-notch
desktop environment for Fedora.  Issues and owners:

a. Bundlebuilder changes to make packaging activities easier. (marcopg)

b. Figuring out the pyxpcom/xulrunner issues to get the browse activity
working with native Fedora packages.  (katzj/caillon)

c. Continuing to package Sugar activities, which will be much easier when
marcopg is done with bundlebuilder changes.
(See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList#Activities
for list of important activities.)

d. There's a large increase of python memory usage f7->f9, which is
hard on Sugar performance-wise, still investigating.  (marcopg/tomeu)

That's it.  We'll meet again this coming Friday to go over progress, and
since some of us will be at FUDCon Brno, maybe we will share some of the
work that's going on there.

--g