Fedora/OLPC meeting summary: Friday, August 29th

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 21:39:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 15:26 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> b. Troubleshooting performance issues -- running from USB is painfully
> slow.  (katzj)

Things definitely seem faster for me off of my (fairly old) SD card and
swap also made a difference.  Will hopefully sit down and quantify this
better in the next couple of days.  In which time we'll hopefully also
get a non-broken rawhide

> 2. Sugar in Fedora.  The goal: to get Sugar packaged as a top-notch
> desktop environment for Fedora.  Issues and owners:
>
> a. Bundlebuilder changes to make packaging activities easier. (marcopg)

These landed over the weekend

> c. Continuing to package Sugar activities, which will be much easier when
> marcopg is done with bundlebuilder changes.
> (See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList#Activities
> for list of important activities.)

Continuing to file some of these.  If anyone else wants to, they're very
straight-forward at this point

Jeremy