Fedora/OLPC weekly meeting tasks/agenda

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 01:05:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 22:13 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> Does F9 currently install on an XO with an external HD?
>
> The kernel won't boot on an XO right now.  But I'm working on that

Thanks for the hint. As soon as it does, then very small schools can
start running the XS build on the XO hw, which is a long-requested
feature.

It mainly needs to be able to install on a USB drive (of the spinning
platters kind ;-) ), boot from there, do networking. Install-to-NAND
and boot-from-NAND is nice (and can give us a very resilient "OS on
NAND, data on HD" setup) but not required at the moment.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions