New F11-for-XO1 build is available and needs testing

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:21:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM, James Cameron<quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> I've not yet tried os3.img because it is a substantial proportion of my
> download limit for the month.  I'd like to know how to obtain it based
> on what I already have.  As we have seen from the RPM package version
> comparison, there is very little change.  I'd like to obtain that very
> little change and apply it.

We had a discussion on this topic couple of months ago. Something like
jigdo could help, but it adds quite a bit extra work. Cost-benefit,
etc.

> The method that was used last year and the year before was olpc-update.

Maybe it is possible to offer olpc-update. IIRC, just placing the
builds (the tar.gz and .contents file, which can be generated) in the
"right spot" in dev.laptop.org means that they will be served via
update.laptop.org

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions