Another F11 build for the XO-1 has been released

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Aug 6 19:59:43 UTC 2009

yioryos wrote:

 > > 2009/8/6 Steven M. Parrish <smparrish at gmail.com>:
 > > > I have released a new build of F11 for the XO-1 named OS4
 > > >
 > > > You can find it at.... http://dev.laptop.org/~smparrish/xo-1/builds/
 > Olpc-powerd works up to sleeping but fails to blank and shutdown.OK on lid and
 > power button suspend/shutdown though. rtcwake still does not work, so I guess
 > this must be the reason.

i've now installed a fresh os4, and rtcwake works just fine. [1]

i'm becoming suspicious that the rtcwake issue is either a bug in
rtcwake itself, or a separate system misconfig problem.  i did
see a case earlier today on a different machine where rtcwake was
not waking properly.  an strace showed that the value being
written to the RTC was exactly 1 hour too large.  playing with
the timezone and hwclock eventually got it working, but it's
arguable that since the command in question is supposed to set a
relative alarm ("rtcwake -m mem -a -s 5"), the timezone and
system time shouldn't enter into the calculation at all (and now
that i think of if, i'm wondering why the "-a" option is even
there).  i'm thinking there may be a DST issue in there
somewhere.

paul

[1] on the other hand, someone has just informed me that:

  > On the latest SoaS3 build ... the command
  > completes immediately, with the message "rtcwake:  /dev/rtc0 not
  > enabled for wakeup events".

could someone with SoaS3 insider info please verify that the XO-1
kernel is being built from the olpc-2.6.30 branch of olpc-2.6
repository?  i've seen that message before, but only on misconfigured
kernels.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org