New F11 for the XO-1 build 5

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Aug 13 21:50:22 UTC 2009

hi yioryos --

yioryos wrote:

 > --- On Thu, 8/13/09, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
 > >
 > > rtcwake testing has shown that it needs --utc after the
 > > first shutdown.
 > > Prior to then the /etc/adjtime file is zero.
 > >

 > In my hands both time 'rtcwake -um mem -a -s 10' and 'time
 > rtcwake -m mem -a -s 10' are a hit and miss.  '-um' is better
 > (~50%) while without the UCT option is hardly 10%.  Usually

what exactly do you mean, by "50%" and "10%".  rtcwake doesn't
wake at all?  wakes too soon?

 > the first time after is invoked with the UTC option.  Screen
 > blanking though within olpc-powerd, does not work if the XO is
 > asleep (OK before sleeping).  I could not find the powerd log
 > anywhere in /var/log or /etc/powerd.  Are the moved somewhere
 > else or removed altogether because of the VM problem?

hmm.  i think we need to step back a bit.

let's ignore powerd for now -- please disable it with:
   # initctl stop powerd

then, let's get rid of spurious wakeups, by turning off
most wakeup events:
   # echo 0 > /sys/power/wakeup_events/all

the lid, the power button, and the RTC alarm should still be
capable of waking the system at this point.

now run:
   # rtcwake --utc -m mem -s 10

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org