New F11 for the XO-1 build 5-timezones

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Aug 17 13:48:30 UTC 2009

hi yioryos --

yioryos wrote:
 > I have very limited wifi access so let me answer for the record some of your
 > questions
 > I see time either by 'date' or 'hwclock' in the terminal

when describing your problems, you need to be explicit as
to which of those you're referring to.  "date" reports system time,
and "hwclock" reports what the RTC says.  in addition, you should
tell us whether you're using "--utc" or "--local" to hwclock (or,
if neither, tell us the contents of /etc/adjtime).  hwclock will
report different times depending on those options.

 > I change /etc/localtime by cp or ln -s the respective
 > /usr/share/zoneinfo file
 > I did not change the /etc/sysconfig/clock file that reads:
 > ZONE="US/Eastern"
 > UTC=False

does anyone know who creates /etc/sysconfig/clock?  on the XO, UTC
should be 'true'.

paul

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org