New F11 for the XO-1 build 5-swap

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 17:15:17 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 8/16/09, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:

> From: Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com>
> Subject: Re: New F11 for the XO-1 build 5-swap
> To: fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com
> Date: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 6:13 PM
> Yioryos wrote
> > Here is another one
> > A problem I had with all the F11-XO1/osN (2,4 and 5)
> builds is that often
> > they'll refuse to boot pass the "loading initrd.img"
> step because apparently
> > they have a problem with the swap partition I have in
> my SDcard as I guess
> > from the tail dmesg after a failed boot, shown below.
>
> I always have a swap partition.  I have never noticed
> a boot failing due to the handling of that swap partition.

That's good to hear.
However, even if we assume that this is a peculiarity of the specific card that I'm using that fact remains that is handled worse in the F11 builds than the F9 builds.
As I said swap handling is certainly not the utmost priority so I wouldn't invest a lot on it, particularly since I can easily correct it.
I just note it here so if unexpected boot failures appear people might remember to ask for swap files too.