What level Sugar Activities on F11 ?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Aug 17 21:48:30 UTC 2009

Hi Mikus,

   > So it comes down to the ASLO "release" date (published 0.86
   > target is September), vs. the XO-1.5 "release" (to production)
   > date (published target is "later in 2009").  "Test time" against
   > 0.84 is accumulating -- but "test time" against 0.86 appears
   > doubtful.

That's right.  We plan on shipping 0.84 with the first 1.5 software
release, because we'll want a release that's seen lots of testing
before deploying it so widely.  However, we'll be willing to backport
individual patches from 0.86 if they're very useful, so the answer is
not as simple as "OLPC will take the 0.84 release and use it unmodified".

I think your strategy of concentrating on testing activities that work
on 0.84 is a good idea.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--