hwclock, rtcwake, /etc/adjtime

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Aug 22 04:56:14 UTC 2009

2009/8/22 Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org>:
> okay.  you had said that kickstart creates /etc/sysconfig/clock,
> and that that's what you'd fixed.  mtd's distro has "UTC=True" in
> that file, so i figured he already had your fix.  there must be
> more to it i guess.  oh -- unless soas-on-xo1 doesn't use kickstart,
> and more needs to happen if it doesn't.

ok, maybe it's not the complete fix then.

Here's how I would expect things to work:

kickstart puts UTC=True in /etc/sysconfig/clock
this makes fedora init scripts always call hwclock with --utc
and this option makes hwclock write "UTC" in /etc/adjtime

Perhaps my understanding is flawed/incomplete, or there is a bug somewhere.

Daniel