New F11 for XO-1.5 build 52

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Dec 4 17:30:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

   >> * Add Wikipedia activities, fixed for 0.84 (#9794)

   > Ugh!  You just made it almost impossible for me to download a
   > build here in China.  Can you back this change out until we are
   > done with C1 bring up.

No, I don't think so.  We're getting ready to release, and it's
important to prepare the build that we think we're going to ship.
(It's not even clear to me that C1 bringup ends *before* we ship!)

An example of why this is important:  to my embarrassment, I didn't
notice until yesterday morning that the Wikipedia activities did not
work on F11/0.84, and never had; I had to spend a few hours fixing
them up.  I don't want to have any more surprises like that.

   > Or make us a special build with out this extra 200 megs?

This is more likely.  Let's talk about it on IRC.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child