dracut(?) problem

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Dec 8 13:08:43 UTC 2009

Hi Yioryos,

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 13:59 -0800, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> On the XO-1 under F11-XO1/os10, I patched with unionfs and recompiled the 2.6.31_xo kernel, to include unionfs and some other modules.
> Installed on the XO-1 with "make install".
> Then I made the initrd with "dracut initrd_name kenel_version" (dracut-olpc v0.30) and fixed the simlinks in /boot.
> Everything looked good but rebooting resulted in a kernel panic with the attached message (picture of the screen actually).

The way we develop is that we make changes to the kernel, commit it to
git, then:

	make clean distclean
	make xo_1-kernel-rpm

(or xo_1_5-kernel-rpm)

Then you have a kernel RPM that you can install on the XO, which will
take care of the initramfs for you.

If you choose to develop another way then you're going to have to look
carefully at the rpm spec file and make sure that you reproduce all the
little things that it does.

Daniel