os57 - blocker - suspend prevents me from viewing screen [#9865]

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Dec 12 05:04:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:27:11AM -0600, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> XO-1.5 B2.  This sounds like #9865.

I agree.

Please convince the laptop to do it again, and if it does, see if
removing the battery while leaving the power supply attached does
anything for the symptom.  It did for me.

After that, without changing configuration, and before the next suspend,
gather data on the state of the system ... I suggest dmesg, /var/log
content, and the output of "ohmd --verbose --no-daemon".

If it doesn't suspend on idle after you've done that, then that also
matches my one experience of the problem.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/