Help debug latest rawhide images

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Feb 13 03:17:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > There isn't a kernel.i686 anymore -- just kernel.i586 and
   > kernel-PAE.i686.  And the i686 kernel ran fine on the XO (the geode
   > supports cmov)

Oh!  So we were *already* using CONFIG_OLPC=y, and the mode selection is
going screwy for a different reason.  Perhaps this is our problem, then:

drivers/video/geode/lxfb_core.c:230:
static void __init get_modedb(struct fb_videomode **modedb, unsigned int *size)
{
	if (olpc_has_dcon()) {
		*modedb = (struct fb_videomode *) olpc_dcon_modedb;
		*size = ARRAY_SIZE(olpc_dcon_modedb);
	} else {
		*modedb = (struct fb_videomode *) geode_modedb;
		*size = ARRAY_SIZE(geode_modedb);
	}
}

Looks like olpc_has_dcon() is set by the olpc_dcon kernel module's
init().  Looks like the olpc_dcon module didn't make it upstream.
Andres, was it submitted?  Anything we can work on?

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>