Fedora Developers XO program

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Feb 9 15:26:44 UTC 2009

Dave -

There's strong interest in the XO at RIT [1] and I've forwarded this
email to Professor Jacobs - with the caveat that it would be
inappropriate to ask for machines that wouldn't fit within the scope
you've outlined.
If you recall [2], there's a SIG forming at RIT which will be the
community side of things [3].  RIT will be holding a class centered on
the XO itself.  (they have 3 XOs being donated by Nortel)

The ideas popping around at the January meeting included the XO as a
machine that can be morphed for other usage and I threw in my $0.02 with
"why not join an established project?"  (my meeting follow-up is pasted
below)

So my hope is that this will wet their appetite some and encourage the
SIG and RIT to consider working closer with the Fedora Ambassadors and
OLPC.
Let me know what I can do for you here in Rochester.  If the RIT folks
get out of hand or anything, just let me know and I'll go have a chat
with them.  <span style="Spoken Accent: Sara Palin">I can see RIT from
my house</span> (sorry, the only language I can code in is HTML)

~Karlie

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Stephen_Jacobs
[2]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-olpc-list/2009-January/msg00074.html