Meeting status tomorrow: unsure.

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 23:00:53 UTC 2009

All right.  We are *supposed* to have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow at
1300 Eastern US time, which is 1800 UTC.  #fedora-olpc on freenode.

However, I'm a bit nervous about the prospect of wasting people's time.
Here's the thing, and it pains me to admit it: I'm not sure where we are,
exactly.  I've had a good bit less official job time to devote to this
effort lately, and our current status is a bit of a mystery to me.

Here's what I think I know:

* We've got lots of packages queued up for acceptance into F-11, and
SMParrish has been reviewing new stuff like mad.  Yay!

* Marco tracked down the weird boot issues with rawhide and the XO, and
those should now be fixed.  Yay!

* People are tackling individual issues as they find them.  Yay!

All of this is great.  However:

* It's still unclear to me which packages in dist-olpc4 are building
because they have to build, and which have simply not been untagged;

* It's still unclear to me which necessary packages are still sitting in
joyride and have yet to be brought into rawhide;

* The process for keeping track of all of this is currently in poor shape,
which is, admittedly, my fault.

So I'd like to step back and ask a question.

Since the goal is to create a bootable build of F-11 on the XO -- how is
that process going?  I know there have been discussions; where are we,
right now, with this process?

I'm wondering if it might not be the best idea, at this point, to go ahead
and start working backwards from rawhide, and see what's busted, and start
tracking that in bugzilla.

I welcome people's thoughts.

--g

--
Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]