Announce: first bootable Rawhide build

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Wed Feb 18 03:58:44 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

   > Well, I followed these instructions and for the very first time
   > ever I've got a frowny face on my XO.  I've got firmware Q2E32.

   > How can I help debug?

Oh, I bet this is my fault.  If you stored the developer key on the NAND
(under /), then it got wiped out when you did the "copy-nand".  Catch me
on IRC (freenode, #fedora-olpc) and I'll give you a copy of your devkey.

Two options of better ways to do it:

1)  Store the devkey on a USB stick in /security instead of on NAND.
    The code that checks for devkeys checks there, too.

2)  Run "disable-security" (twice) at the ok prompt, to turn off all
    the security stuff for good.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>