Ed Tech Day Ithaca College in NY

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Wed Feb 25 16:13:51 UTC 2009

Samuel Klein wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Get people to think about the following problem: what if, instead of
>> Addison-Wesley producing dozens of 4th grade math textbooks, a community of
>> educators could get together to produce one single electronic 4th grade
>> textbook?  Solving this problem unlocks a whole world.  Encourage people to
>> think *deeply* about the ramifications of this.
>>

> without seeing it, I'll second that.
>
> SJ

Ok, so if you don't mind me borrowing this what about the presentation
being titled - One Laptop Per Child - What if...?

Synopsis - What if a community of educators could get together to
produce one single electronic 4th grade textbook?

Of course I'll cover history and mission of OLPC, but I'd like the talk
to focus on the NA Ambassadors work on the 4th grade math curriculum.
By then I also hope to have RIT on board and helping so I can show that
it's not just a hypothetical.