Fedora Desktop on XO

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Jan 6 20:55:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:19:52PM -0800, Deepak Saxena wrote:
>On Jan 06 2009, at 14:42, Chris Ball was caught saying:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    > I think I missed the previous conversation, re: estimate , but I'm
>>    > thinking that swap will have significant impact on the lifetime of
>>    > the flash chip.  With only 256MiB of RAM, we are bound to swap a
>>    > lot. I'd feel more comfortable if we did flash-wide wear leveling
>>    > using UBI and created a swap partition on to pof that.
>>
>> That's fine with me too.  Are we still planning on moving to UBI for
>> 9.1?  If not, maybe we can work out how to get swap files working on
>> JFFS2 (where they would be wear-leveled)?
>
>At this point, with < 2 months to desired release date,

Deepak,

I don't think I know anyone who can convincingly argue that the March
date is realistic, based on current rates of change and the remaining
distance to the objective. I asked in the last (maybe even the last
two?) status meetings to re-evaluate that date but was blown off. Make
of that what you will.

Michael