F11 package update discrepancy using yum

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Jul 13 11:45:12 UTC 2009

>> lists several packages available for updating.
>> Yet when I then do 'yum upgrade' it tells me these packages cannot be found
>> on any of the mirrors.
>
> You'll quite often see that when the mirror is still syncing.

Then I must be extremely unlucky, in that *every* time I type in
'yum upgrade', the mirrors happen to be "still syncing".

I got this "no more mirrors to try" response to 'yum upgrade'
multiple times on July 11 and July 12 (and now on July 13) -- in
fact, on every 'yum upgrade' I've tried in the last several days.

I looked with a browser inside one of the attempted mirror
repositories (fedora/updates/11/i386) - and yes, the package level
that my 'yum upgrade' was looking for is *not* there.  The most
recent timestamp for any of the packages there says July 9.  I wish
that repository would get a move on with its syncing.

mikus