F11 package update discrepancy using yum

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:54:29 UTC 2009

>>> lists several packages available for updating.
>>> Yet when I then do 'yum upgrade' it tells me these packages cannot be
>>> found
>>> on any of the mirrors.
>>
>> You'll quite often see that when the mirror is still syncing.
>
> Then I must be extremely unlucky, in that *every* time I type in 'yum
> upgrade', the mirrors happen to be "still syncing".
>
> I got this "no more mirrors to try" response to 'yum upgrade' multiple times
> on July 11 and July 12 (and now on July 13) -- in fact, on every 'yum
> upgrade' I've tried in the last several days.
>
> I looked with a browser inside one of the attempted mirror repositories
> (fedora/updates/11/i386) - and yes, the package level that my 'yum upgrade'
> was looking for is *not* there.  The most recent timestamp for any of the
> packages there says July 9.  I wish that repository would get a move on with
> its syncing.

It looks like there might be an issue with the mirrors. There hasn't
been a push to the mirrors for around 10 days or so. That was
rectified in the last day or two but then there looked to be an issue
with the mirror system. I was having the same problem this morning but
my local mirror seems to have begun working in the last hour or two so
maybe its been rectified.

Peter