New F11 for XO-1.5 build 20

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:04:17 UTC 2009

http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/f11-1.5/os20/os20.packages.txt is 630
packages, for comparison the 8.2.1 build log
http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/olpc/streams/8.2.1/build802/devel_ext3/build.log
had 402 packages.  Obviously the new builds have an entire Gnome
desktop, but some areas seemed a bit bloat-ish.

I see perl.  Back in 2008 bonobo was pulling in Perl, and I see
bonobo. But there's no more gnome-python2-bonobo, so what requires
bonobo?  Maybe there are unfixed packaging issues from
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Distro_version_migration_nastiness

8.2.1 had no man/pod/info pages, but I see ghostscript, groff, rarian, etc.

There's matchbox and metacity, I thought Sugar was switching to Metacity?

etc.  No worries, I'm just curious.
--
=S Page