new F11-for-XO1 images available for testing

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:24:39 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> I just built 2 images of F11-for-XO1 on OLPC infrastructure according
> to my own instructions.
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_XO-1
>
> The first one is based on the backport that I built and tested before
> (a few weeks ago), so it will probably work:
> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/f11-xo1/os1
>
> and the second one is updated with all of the recent changes that have
> been happening in XO-1.5 software development, bringing the 2 trees in
> sync at the present time
> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/f11-xo1/os2
>
> Neither have been tested since the internet connection here in Nepal
> is very slow - I will download them over the weekend.
> It would be great if anyone is interested in testing during that time
> though. I would suggest starting with os2 and falling back on os1 if
> it doesn't work.
>
> I'm still looking for people to take on the role of making these
> builds on a regular basis - for me, these builds are just a one-off
> for now.
>
> The usual cautions apply: this is development code, there will be
> bugs. Installation instructions: use copy-nand to install osX.img with
> osX.crc.
>
> Daniel

Install went just fine.

Have an issue doing Activity updates in Sugar.  Looks like the system
completes the update, however it then comes back and lists the same Activity
as still needing to be updated.

I know that with the increased memory/cpu on the XO-1..5 running Firefox is
trivial, however with the limited memory of the XO-1, Midori may be a better
option.

When using Gnome having issues with screen brightness.

That's all for now but will keep testing.

Steven M. Parrish