new F11-for-XO1 images available for testing

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jul 28 08:43:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 01:33:50AM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> The computer will shutdown suddenly (and fast)!!! Usually soon after
> boot and while you give a command or press some key. Once in a
> right-click at home screen, once in a down-arrow in terminal and
> another time after issuing the top command in terminal.

I confirm that.  It happened to me once today, but I had *also* changed
to q2e41{a,b} firmware at the same time, so I was waiting for it to
happen again, so I could lay the blame on one thing or another.

> No idea where to look (next time this happens). Any idea?

What firmware version?

You could try reproducing it with a network connection carrying kernel
messages, in case you can catch some evidence leading to the event.

Also, try seeing if it happens at about the time that the battery would
reach full charge.  I think that's when mine did it.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/