new F11-for-XO1 images available for testing

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 16:42:42 UTC 2009

> --- On Tue, 7/28/09, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org>
> > Subject: Re: new F11-for-XO1 images available for
> testing
> > To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> > Cc: fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com
> > Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
> > yioryos wrote:
> >  > I have a hard time reproducing in it in any
> reliable
> > way.
> >  > By the time I open a terminal to check the
> IP is too
> > late.
> >  > I managed to do it once right after boot
> and I
> > attache the relevant
> >  > /var/log/messages segment
> >  > You are welcome to the entire 1.9MG
> messages file!
> > You may be able to fish-out
> >  > the other 3 instances :-)
> >
> > yioryos --
> >
> > can you list exactly what version(s) of s/w you're
> > running?
> > i've just read the whole thread, and i think i see
> that
> > you
> > have:
> >     daniel's F11-for-XO announced on 24 july.

Correct. The os2 version.

> >     you said on the list you've installed
> > olpc-kbdshim -- from yum?

Correct

http://dev.laptop.org/~pgf/private_rpms/olpc-powerd-8-1.latest.rpm as of 7/24

> > powerd is still experimental, in many respects, and
> that's
> > certainly
> > true on F11.  while i'm happy to help you debug this
> > -- to either prove
> > or disprove that powerd is at fault -- it's probably a
> good
> > idea
> > to make it clear to the list when you're not running
> the
> > same
> > release as everyone else.  :-)

Well I did think of it (!...) so I removed powerd for some time and the problem did occur again.
Powerd was on again in this instance  a) because did not appear to be related with the sudden shutdown and b) because I'm still trying to see how powerd works.