F11 for the X01- shutdown

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 18:57:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Yioryos
Asprobounitis<mavrothal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually issuing
> [root at localhost activity]# /usr/sbin/olpc-update-query
> consistently shuts down my XO!
> And I do have the devkey installed

Yes, that's consistent with the diagnosis we've been making.

If you can edit your olpc-update-query script (make a backup!) find
the line that calls 'halt', comment it out (prefixing it with a #) and
add right under it, with the same indentation:

     report(0, 'Server said stolen: %s' % data)

the whole block of code will look like

    if isxo and 'stolen' in resp_map:
        check_stolen_hash(resp_map['stolen'], uuid, nonce)
        # this machine has been reported stolen - get rid of
        # any leases and poweroff
        if os.path.exists(LEASE_FILE):
            os.unlink(LEASE_FILE)
        #call(['/usr/bin/halt'])
        report(0, 'Server said stolen: %s' % data)
        exit()

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions