F11 for the X01- shutdown

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Jul 31 23:13:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > Bugger.  I always get that answer, and it never satisfies.  I'm
   > stalled, unable to find the src.rpm and the upstream source, I
   > ask, and someone says "it's a Fedora package", as if to say "you
   > ought to know and I'm not going to tell you what you need to know
   > to proceed."  ;-)

Well, hey, this is fedora-olpc-list.  Expecting that people will know
how to find source for a Fedora package or be willing to perform a web
search to find out can't be *that* unreasonable. :)  Here's the answer:

Go to http://koji.fedoraproject.org/, type "olpc-update" into the
top-right search field, hit search, click on the build you want,
and you can download the source and binary RPMs.

If you're running a Fedora machine, or have access to one (such as
an XO), it's easier:

pullcord:cjb~ % yumdownloader --source olpc-utils
olpc-utils-1.0.3-2.fc12.src.rpm                   |  55 kB     00:00
pullcord:cjb~ %

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>