strawberry on XO-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jun 24 11:30:27 UTC 2009

[ FYI.  I am _not_ asking for help;  I'm sharing my experiences. ]

Booted my XO-1 from an USB stick with build soas strawberry on it.

[Because I do not have any system on which mounting of a squashfs
filesystem works, I have to use the rawhide version of the
livecd-iso-to-disk script;  neither does livecd-iso-to-xo work, so I
am unable to install builds distributed as .iso onto my XO's nand.]

Strawberry (F11-based) works;  but it is reproducibly stalling when
doing a huge 'rsync'.  [Since the system then is unresponsive, I
can't examine it.  My suspicion is that the system ran out of
memory, despite having a swap partition active.]  The interesting
thing is that on my XO-1, Soas2-20090622 (on which strawberry is
supposedly based) runs the same 'rsync' without trouble.

mikus