working around boot problems

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jun 4 19:12:13 UTC 2009

It's frustratingly difficult to immediately work on the "unknown
filesystem jffs2" problem because more often than not, the same kernel
for me fails to even reach that stage (see my "another boot hang"
thread).

Switching to Deepak's 2.6.30-rc5 kernel for XO, both problems
mysteriously go away. Here are the files and the procedure if anyone
else wants to try it out.

http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20090604/

I don't know what else works or fails in Deepak's kernel, or if there
are any plans to ship it instead of the Fedora kernel for these XO-1
efforts.

Daniel