Re: Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1

Thank you very much, Sebastian and everyone. Because my Ubuntu kernel is not "new" enough, the 'livecd-iso-to-xo' script fails on me - so I had to run previous Soas2 builds from an USB stick. Now I can run a current SoaS build from the XO-1 nand itself. Thanks.

 -  It is nice to have olpc-kbdshim and olpc-powerd in this build.
    Both my ethernet and my SD card were accessed correctly after
    I allowed the XO-1 to suspend (my testing was limited).  And the
    screen went dark after I let the XO sit -- now I don't have to
    "shut the lid" when I leave the XO powered on overnight (and I
    don't want the XO to be lighting up the otherwise dark room).

    [By the way, I need olpc-kbdshim to let me to scroll the screen
    (e.g., in Terminal) incrementally.  All too often, if I click
    within the scrollbar, the effect is "multiplied" - instead of
    scrolling one page, the screen happens to scroll *many* pages.]

 -  The default fonts used by this build are really *tiny*.  I knew
    how to change to a bigger font in Terminal - but I did not know
    how to change to a bigger font for the Sugar labels, etc.

 -  The "list of installed rpms" that comes with this build lists a
    couple of packages as having a back level (e.g., libabiword).
    The result is that when I ran 'yum upgrade', yum fetched those
    packages for updating, then told me those updated versions were
    already installed.

Now a request -- would someone please look at the system problems that affect multimedia -- I can launch 'Speak' but I can not hear any of its sound output; I can launch 'Record' but I can't see on the screen what the XO-1 camera is picking up.

Thanks for a nice build,  mikus