breakthrough - got sound on XO-1 with F11

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Jun 22 06:12:20 UTC 2009

FYI - Had an XO-1 with build rawhide-xo 20090528 (and F12? kernel).
  Ran a giant 'yum upgrade' to bring it up to current system level.
  When I checked it out, I was able to hear sound from an
application that used the fluendo mp3 driver.  [Speak also produced
sound - but other applications I have did not.  Am currently tied up
elsewhere - don't have time to look into why some have sound and
others don't.]

I do *not* know how come sound started working.  I checked, and now
I have sound (with those two applications, but not with others) on
an XO-1 with build soas devxo-1 (it also has been upgraded to
current F11 system level).  I'm positive that several days ago sound
was not working for me.  It might have been the system upgrades I
did -- or it might have been my own customizations (which I'm
continuously tinkering with).  I also checked against the Soas2
builds (including 20090621) - they are up-to-current-F11 level (and
have my current customization), but they don't produce sound for me.

Thank you, developers for F11 on XO.   mikus