Tkinter support in sugar builds

Shawn Willden shawn-olpc at willden.org
Mon Jun 29 17:41:20 UTC 2009

Is there any plan for it?  A friend of mine is interested in porting some math
ed apps to the OLPC, but they're written with pytkinter.  He's trying to
decide if he needs to port to pygtk.

Assuming it's reasonable to install tkinter on the XO in order to support his
apps, any idea how difficult it would be to "sugarize" a tkinter app, so that
it can run as an activity?  I have basically zero knowledge of what's
involved in sugarization, so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.

All comments/suggestions/flames appreciated,

	Shawn.