olpc-switch-desktop issues

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jun 30 09:22:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 21:52 +0200, Alexander Boström wrote:
> I'm working on submitting olpc-switch-desktop for inclusion in Fedora. I
> (or rather rpmlint) found these issues:
>
> The .spec from the repo, the GNOME .desktop and the Sugar control panel
> references a couple of SVG files, but those aren't in the repo. Are
> there any suitable icons to use or do someone need to create them?

Oops, added now. Thanks for pointing this out.

> The .spec creates /etc/skel/Desktop (for the GNOME .desktop file). I
> think that breaks the feature that a name from the user's locale is used
> when creating the desktop directory (xdg-user-dirs), so that needs to be
> done some other way.

Even when I clear /home/olpc completely, open Sugar, change to spanish
and switch to GNOME, the directory that gets created
is /home/olpc/Desktop - it does not seem to be localized.

I do not know of any other way of adding other icons to the desktop.

> Also, the GNOME app should probably have a license declaration at the
> top of the source file, or the license should be stated explicitly in
> the README.

OK will add...

Thanks!
Daniel