XO freeze

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 27 19:36:43 UTC 2009

Twice now with rawhide-xo Sugar (once on 20090325 on one machine,
and once so far on 20090326 on a different machine) my XO has
'frozen' -- *none* of the inputs have any effect whatsoever (except
that I can use the 'power' button to power off). [The principal
"unusual" customization I perform on those systems is to add
pointers in /home/liveuser/Activities to additional Activities I've
unzipped onto my SD card;  I'm also using a swap partition;  I
question whether either of these have any affect on the freezing.]
[With earlier rawhide images, had same setup, but without freezing.]

Both times, I was in the middle of a perfectly innocuous CLI command
('yum', 'find').  Obviously, since I had no way to see what the
system was doing (alt-ctl-F2 doesn't work), I have no information to
give about the 'freeze' (nor any way to deliberately reproduce it).
[After rebooting, /var/log shows nothing unusual.]

mikus