20090305 daily build

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:17:30 UTC 2009

>>> * X and GDM work again
>>> * Should boot successfully from SD, USB or NAND
>>
>> Yay. Well done!
>>
>>> * The .img is 116MB smaller than yesterday's, thanks to Sebastian
>>
>> Dare I ask what contributed to the shrinkage? Was there some dep
>> issues fixed or are there some package forks?
>>
>> Peter
>
> Sure... :)
>
> Well, we figured that there was some stuff getting pulled in, even though
> there was almost no need to. So we're now not fetching all the KDE libs
> anymore, for example. In fact it was more consideration, what could be
> replaced how and what could be completely dropped. For now, we didn't fork
> any stuff; though, I'd really like to get this abiword thing sorted out -
> there's not really a need for all the printing stuff on the XO.

I'm hoping to get an image running on my XO on the weekend as well as
something running in a VM (earier to work on things like dep testing
on my real laptop rather than carrying two around) and start to look
closely at all the deps etc. The abiword bit should be somewhat
massively improved with 2.7/2.8 as it should drop a whole lot of old
deps and move to GtkPrint api which would mean there wouldn't be any
extra deps for printing. Unfortunately I don't think there will be
anything in the F11 timeframe so that will prob be a F12 one.
Interesting about the kde deps though :-D

Peter