Activities for Sugar

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Mar 7 00:50:29 UTC 2009

Running 20090306.img on my XO.  After much trial-and-error figured
out how to manually *add* external (persisting) Activities to sugar.
  [The "normal" locations -- /home/liveuser/Activities and
/usr/share/sugar/activities -- get wiped out when I install another
xxx.img]   The trick is to put into /home/liveuser/Activities a
symbolic link to the (upper-level) directory which contains the
individual Activity (sub)directories, and also to put into
/home/liveuser/Activities a symbolic link for each individual added
Activity's (sub)directory.  [Now when I install a new xxx.img, all I
have to do is to manually re-insert the symbolic links.]

At present I'm waiting for additional sugar packages to be ported to
rawhide -- for instance, the Read Activity depends upon package
'sugar-evince-python'.  I expect there are other packages which need
to be ported to rawhide (etoys?).

mikus