Blocker - rpm fails to install files

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Mar 8 06:36:36 UTC 2009

> I just tried to reproduce this on my non-XO laptop running today's
> Rawhide, but can't.  So it doesn't seem like it's affecting everyone,
> whatever it is.

I re-installed 20090306, and 'rpm' now worked correctly.

Note that the symptom of this 20090307 problem is that 'rpm' runs
normally, and produces all the expected output messages.  But (for a
package which was *not* previously in the system), while 'rpm -q -l'
now lists all the files that were supposed to have been installed by
that package -- doing 'ls' shows those files did *not* get inserted
into the system.

mikus