Adding new activities to comps.xml

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Mar 11 10:01:57 UTC 2009

Steven M. Parrish wrote:
> We have added quite a few new activiies to Fedora in the past few weeks.  As
> it stands now they are not installed by default when someone does a
>
> yum groupinstall "SUGAR Desktop Environment"
>
> So the question is do we want them to be installed by default or left to the
> user to manually install.  Here is what I am looking at adding.
>
>       sugar-update-control
>       sugar-artwork
>       sugar-moon
>       sugar-memorize
>       sugar-speak
>       sugar-distance
>       sugar-implode
>       sugar-connect
>       sugar-help
>       sugar-finance
>       sugar-playgo
>       sugar-xoirc
>       sugar-xomail
>       sugar-clock
>       sugar-read
>       sugar-stopwatch
>
> Any comments or issues?
>
> Steven

I personally would only add the Fructose ones. The others can be
downloaded later - via yum or using the addons infrastructure
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/.

I actually think that it does not make much sense to package all the
activities. A lot of them are one hit wonders and it will be hard to
track down maintainers when one need to make a change.

 From the list above we only need sugar-read in comps (i just did so).
'sugar-artwork' is the artwork package for sugar and is a dep of sugar.

Regards,
    Simon