a better way to make XO images

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:34:56 UTC 2009

>> I've been trying to use the Fedora appliance-tools to do exactly that
>> but it seems to have some issues on F-10 at the moment.
>
> What issues have you been having?

I get the following errors, it then seems to go through the montions
OK but I don't seem to get a image.

[root at neo ~]# appliance-creator -n OLPC-rawhide --config
/home/perobinson/fedora/olpc/olpc-4.ks --cache=/home/images/cache
Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition
/dev/loop0p1 -- Invalid argument.  This means Linux won't know about
any changes you made to /dev/loop0p1 until you reboot -- so you
shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
Warning: The kernel was unable to re-read the partition table on
/dev/loop0 (Invalid argument).  This means Linux won't know anything
about the modifications you made until you reboot.  You should reboot
your computer before doing anything with /dev/loop0.
['/']
mke2fs 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
Filesystem label=/
OS type: Linux