Quick run through of Activities

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Mar 28 19:48:09 UTC 2009

On 28 Mar 2009, at 01:16, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

> On Mar 12, Gary Martin posted the status of the Activities on Soas2.
> Here is my current update to that list, but as tested on rawhide-xo:
> [I did not put them all through their paces, so might miss problems]
>
> Environment: G1G1 XO-1
> rawhide-xo: 20090326

Oooh, I need to update my XOs. I've had zero luck so far getting SoaS
images on them so have lately been working more in sugar-jhbuild
running under emulation (cjb's rawhide-xo builds were the last ones I
had working for XO testing).

> Build: Fedora release 10.92 (Rawhide)
> Sugar: 0.84.1
>
> Fructose:
>  Browse-105:  I had problems; see separate post
>  Calculate-28:  OK
>  Chat-64:  OK
>  Etoys-100:  seemed OK
>  ImageViewer-7:  seemed OK
>  Jukebox-7:  Launched
>  Log-17:  OK
>  Read-65:  Launched;  I did not test further
>  Terminal-23:  OK
>  TurtleArt-41:  seemed OK
>  Write-63:  OK
>
> Activities:
>  Bounce-7:  cannot find proper binary blobs
>  CartoonBuilder-4:  OK
>  Colors-15:  cannot find proper binary blobs
>  Finance-2:  seemed OK  ['keep' error]
>  FlipSticks-3:  seemed OK
>  FreeCell-1:  OK
>  InfoSlicer-5:  seemed OK
>  IRC-5:  Launched;  I did not have an internet connection
>  JigsawPuzzle-5:  OK
>  JokeMachine-8:  OK
>  Memorize-30:  OK
>  Moon-10:  OK
>  Pippy-31:  OK
>  SliderPuzzle-6:  OK
>  TurtleArtPortfolio-15:  seemed OK  ['keep' error]
>  TypingTurtle-16:  OK  ['keep' error]
>  ViewSlides-5:  seemed OK
>
> Other activities that Gary tested:
>  Analyze-8:  OK
>  Distance-14:  Launched;  I did not test collaboration
>  Implode-5:  OK  ['keep' error]
>  Maze-6:  OK
>  Measure-21:  I had problems
>  Paint-23:  Launched;  I did not test further
>  Record-60:  Launched but did not activate camera
>  Ruler-3:  OK
>  Scratch-12:  seemed OK
>  Speak-9:  I had problems
>
> Additional activities I tried:
>  cellgame-1:  OK
>  Clock-5:  OK
>  Cobble-2:  seemed OK
>  ConozcoUruguay-2:  OK
>  Deducto-1:  seemed OK
>  Develop-35:  no attribute 'Preview'
>  EPaati-13:  OK
>  Firefox-6:  OK
>  FiftyTwo-2:  I had problems
>  FoodForce2-1:  seemed OK
>  FreeCell-1:  OK
>  Help-10:  I had problems
>  iStoa-150:  seemed OK
>  Jigsaw-5:  seemed OK
>  JokeMachine-8:  OK
>  Labyrinth-4:  Launched;  I did not test further
>  Map-2:  no attribute '_sha_data'
>  Model-8:  problem importing _simulator
>  NewsReader-24:  I had problems
>  Pacman-2:  problem with where I had relocated its subdirectory
>  Physics-2: seemed OK
>  PlayGo-5:  seemed OK
>  RoadMap-3:  OK
>  SliderPuzzlw-6:  seemed OK
>  SocialCalc-1:  I had problems
>  StarChart-5:  OK
>  StopWatch-3:  seemed OK
>  sudoku-10:  problem with where I had relocated its subdirectory
>  tangram-10:  problem with where I had relocated its subdirectory
> [...]

Hey fab Mikus, great list of checks! (I'll try another pass once if
have a more friendly Labyrinth-5 out the door).

--Gary